Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Shades Of Winter Pocket Book

Welcome to my stop on the Club Scrap Shades Of Winter Blog Hop.

This pocket book project is fun to put together with the beautiful Shades Of Winter collection.





The finished book size measures 5-3/4 x 8". The inside pocket pages measure 5-1/2 x 8" including the 1/2" flap that gets adhered to the accordion binding.

Here are some basic assembly steps"

1. Adhere mat board covers and spine pieces to the outside cover wrap with a foam brush and Bookbinding Glue.


2. Adhere the inside cover wrap.


3. Bend and fold the binding areas, and add decorative brads.


4. Create and adhere an accordion spine to the front and back covers.


5. Cut and score inside pocket pages.


6. Fold and adhere pocket page flaps.


I made five inside pocket pages for my book.


7. Make a notch on the top edge of each page with a 2" circle punch.


8. Adhere pages to the accordion binding.



9. Pierce holes through the outside covers and accordion.


10. Loop waxed linen through the holes and tie to close.



11. Decorate the outside cover.



12. Fill pocket pages with coordinating inserts and embellish with photos and rubber stamped images.



Next on the hop is the talented Debbie at Deb Duz Scrappin'.

Thank you hopping with us. I wish you a very Happy New Year!!













Kay

26 comments:

  1. As always Kay, your project is drop dead gorgeous. happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annette, you are so kind!!! Wishing you a very happy new year too!!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh I really like this! Reminds me of some vintage photo albums I have. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay this pocket album is stunning. Love how you bound it together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this album. Bookmarking to "case" later. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful book, Kay. Love it in the papers from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this.... I am making this today. <3 Kay you always make such beautiful things!! Thanks for the inspiration:) (that was my post above.... removed it to rewrite)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Have fun creating one of your own, I bet it'll turn out better then mine! It's always fun to take the best qualities from a project you see, then add improvements and make it the colors you want!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful, classy book, Kay! I love the accordion binding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful book! Love how it looks so involved but is actually very easy to make! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kay your albums and books are always lovely and a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is amazing, your work always blows me away!! Great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic book. Thank you for the pix and brief explanations which, I do believe, will be enough to guide me through the process of creating a similar book. I appreciate your creative project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the album and the different binding. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kay your pocket book is darling!!! Beautiful job!!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. The book is great and thanks for the instructions! You make it look so easy, and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book is so professional; just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG this is so beautiful! I love this and I am amazed how it looks like a store bought book! I have bookmarked this and will be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this pocket book, Kay. It is my kind of project, I think I will give this a try soon! Wishing you a very good and creative 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This kind of clever blog work and coverage! Keep up the very good works.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love this blog. Awesome weblog! Thankyou so much

    ReplyDelete
  21. It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete